Thursday, February 19, 2015

Protein Synthesis

TACACCTCAGCCAACGTCTAATAGCCATGCAATACTGATCGCATCCTA

-Good Luck

3 comments:

  1. (Start Codon) The apes adapted to eating student books at school because it was confusing. (Stop Codon) This is what I got hopefully its what you intended it to say haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, good decode.

    Erick, looks like you made a correction in your code since I decoded. This didn't affect your student decoder, so not a problem, and good corrections. Just missing random bases at the beginning of the code to make your decoder look for the start codon.

    I've included both decodes below, one for the original and one for the corrected version with only the RNA molecule:

    Original:
    RNA (No DNA posted): ATT AUG UGG AGU CGG UUG CAG AUU AUC GGU ACG UGA CUA GCG UAG CTA
    ATT (start) The ape adapt(s) to eat(ing) students’ book(s) at school; it was confusing. (stop) CTA

    Corrected:
    DNA: TACACCTCAGCCAACGTCTAATAGCCATGCAATACTGATCGCATCCTA
    RNA: AUGUGGAGUCGGUUGCAGAUUAUCGGUACGUUAUGACUAGCGUAGGAU
    Codons: CAUG UGG AGU CGG UUG CAG AUU AUC GGU ACG UUA UGA CUA GCG UAG
    (start) The ape adapt(s) to eat(ing) students’ book(s) at school; it was confusing. (stop)

    ReplyDelete